Supervision with Nancy Amendt-Lyon:
Sexuality and Intimacy from a Gestalt Therapeutic Approach.
November 11, 2019, 10:00 - 18:15 | 2600 Kč / 100 EUR | 10-12 participants
In this supervision seminar, participants will have the opportunity to discuss their work with sexual issues as relational difficulties from a gestalt therapeutic (phenomenological, dialogical) approach. We will include cultural and sociopolitical backgrounds to emerging sexual difficulties that clients / patients present. Issues of sensuality, sexual attraction, and moments of intimacy within the co-created psychotherapeutic situation will be explored. The supervision of the individual participants' own cases includes working with reversed roles, experiential work in the group as a whole, triads (experimenting as psychotherapist/patient/observer), and theoretical inputs.
photography by Igor Fecko
Nancy was born in New York, NY, and studied psychology in the United States, Switzerland, and Austria, earning an MA and a Dr. phil. Since 1978 she has been in private practice and works in English as well as in German with adults, either individually, as couples, or in groups. Her training is in Gestalt therapy and group psychoanalysis. Nancy works and lives in Vienna, Austria.
It is a great honor to host Nancy in Brno as she is a renowned Gestalt therapy practitioner, trainer and supervisor across Europe, she published numerous articles and book chapters. Here we list some information from Nancy's professional CV:
- Chair of Austrian Association for Gestalt Therapy (ÖVG) since 2007
- Member of the Austrian Association for Psychotherapy (ÖBVP) and the European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT)
- External trainer at International Institute for Gestalt Therapy and Psychopathology in Turin, Italy and in Czech institute Gestalt Studia
- Keynote speaker at conference of European Association for Gestalt Therapy that will be held in autumn 2019 in Budapest. Keynote speaker at Czech conference of Gestalt Psychotherapy (Mikulov, 2019)
- Has served on the editorial boards of several professional journals, currently as an Associate Editor of Gestalt Review and on the scientific board of Psychotherapie Forum
- Edited the book Timeless Experience: Laura Perls's Unpublished Notebooks and Literary Texts 1946-1985 (published in English, German, Spanish and French (2016)
- Co-edited the anthology Creative License: The Art of Gestalt Therapy, in 2003, which was later published in German, French and Italian.
- Published a novel Case Unclosable (2013)
Sign up for the seminar:
You can sign up for the seminar via form below. Your application is valid after you pay reservation fee 1600 Kč / 60 EUR. You will receive payment information after you fill in the application form.